After successful completion of the two-year Centurions leadership program, our graduates are uniquely trained and connected. The Centurions Alumni Association (CAA) allows members to maintain that momentum after graduation and make a positive impact on the Kansas City area.
Get a head start on your 2017 membership dues by attending the Alumni Annual Luncheon on May 25.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
CAA provides alumni with unique programming, community involvement, and resources to help them keep in touch with each other and the active program. Through this ongoing involvement, alumni can serve their community well after they graduate while staying connected to Centurions classmates as they grow into Kansas City’s leadership.
CAA also provides:
- Assistance and support to the Centurions Leadership Program, the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, and other community organizations.
- A forum for members to discuss and learn about community issues.
- Association members with opportunities to become and stay actively involved on boards and commissions and in community affairs.
- An awareness of community issues, resources, and diversity.
Each member’s investment helps to fund projects and resources that make the program successful, including:
- Stewardship of the Centurions Alumni Association Foundation, which annually awards two partial Centurions scholarships for small business candidates.
- Planning and operating several social and service activities throughout the year, including:
- Events centered on civic issues and leaders
- Annual holiday party
- Alumni social events
- Greater Kansas City Day spring fundraiser
- Awards reception with actives
- Annual meeting and elections
- Managing Chamber support for the annual directory, website, e-mail and other communications with members and general alumni database
- Raising awareness of and overseeing the nomination and award process for the Bernard Powell Award, named for one of the program’s most memorable charter members